Chris heard no unusual noises
and hearing no unusual noises
than Chris heard no unusualo noises
no unusual noises could be heard
the band beginning
although the band began
and the band began
after the band had began
to shed its skin, for
When a snake sheds its skin
A snake's shedding its skin
For a snake, shedding their skin
there was, I noticed, a child watching
a child was watching, I noticed.
I noticed a child watching
a child, I noticed, was watching
What if measles
there are over a million
It is a million or more
more than a million
are over a million of
Insert actual before cost
Replace of with for
Replace that with on
The regulation of Trading Companies
British-Spanish Rivalry in the New World
Early Attempts at Colonizing North America
Royal Patents Issued in the 16th Century
They were requested to do so by Queen Elizabeth
They were members of large trading acompanies.
They were immediately successful.
They were acting on their own.
he never settled in North America.
His trading company was given a patent by the queen.
He fought the Spanish twice.
he died in 1587.
They explored the entire coastal region.
Some did not survive.
They named the area 'Virgina'.
Most were not experienced sailors.
Its settlers all gave up and returned to England.
It lasted for several years.
The fate of its inhabitants is unknown.
It was conquered by the "Spanish.
19. [Answer the question based on what is stated or implied in the statement or passage.] With varying success, many women around the world today struggle for equal rights. Historically world today struggle for equal rights. Historically, women have achieved greater equality with men during periods of social adversity - revolution, war, and the rigours of pioneering in an underdeveloped land the essential element that improved the status of women was a shortage of men. We can conclude that-
historically, equality alone has not been enough to secure women rights
historically, women have only achieved equality through force
only pioneer women have been considered equal to men
women today are highly successful in winning equal rights
It states an effect.
It proposes a solution.l
It makes a contrast
It expands on the first sentence.
Excuse for absence
Excuse for failure
Excuse for swear words
Excuse for bing dirty
23. Money, as a means of exchange, is becoming less common in modern societies all over the world. Every year, a higher percentage of purchases are made online, and even in stores customers are now using credit cards. Many people today do all of their banking on the Internet. The author of the passage probably assumes that
cash will become obsolete in the near future
societies that do business online will struggle
paying with credit cards all the time is dangerous
using cash will become popular again
The teacher to congratulated Mukesh and wished him success in life
The teacher congratulated Mukesh and wished him success in life
the teacher wished congratulations and success in life to Mukesh
The teacher congratulated Mukesh and said with you success in life
Who has been created this mess?
By whom has this mess been created?
By whom this mess is being crated
By whom is this mess being created?
26. Television has been introduced to almost every country in the world. About 600 million people saw the first person walk on the moon. Television has in many ways promoted understanding and cooperation among people. It does this by showing educational and cultural programs. Identify the most logical conclusion-
television is as important as schools
television can unity people from around the world
not every country needs to have television
people spend too much time watching television
A jolly person
A pious persion
An undesirable person
An eccentric person
It provides a contrast
It draws a conclusion
It states an effect
It reinforces the first
30. [Answer the question 42 best on what is stated or implied in the statement or passage: Leonardo da vinci is not only one of the most famous artists in history, but he was also famous artists in history, but he was also a botanist, a writer, and an inventor. many of today's modern machines can be traced back to some of his original designs. The parachute, the military tank, the bicycle, and even the airplane were foretold. Over 500 years ago, his ideas transcended his time. The author of this passage is praising da Vinci primarily for his-
despite having walked through the museum for three hours
and they walked through the museum for three hours
having walked through the museum for three hours
walking through the museum for three hours
and it began to rain
although it began to rain.
beginning to rain
when it began to rain
Surprised by the noise, i peered
The noise surprised me. peering
I was surprised by the noise, peered
I was surprised by the noise peering
As he went back to his old school,
To go back to his old school,
When he went back to his old school,
Going back to his old school,
Replace looking forward with expecting
Insert to before receiving
Change was to am
make it possible
by means of
The purpose of ancient implements?
The significance of prehistoric cave painting
the development of right-handedness and left-handedness
The similarities between the Stone Age and Bronze Age
Petrified forms of vegetation
Patterns of stone chipping
Fossilized waste material
toward the right
toward the left
Faces of animals and people
People's view from inside a cave
People's tendency to work either hand
The kinds of paint used on cave walls
The establishment of written records
A change in the styles of cave painting
An increase in human skill in the handling of tools
The prevalence of righthandedness
47. Cartoonist Schulz as a boy was teased by others for being small and not very good at sports, and art. He had few friends and was too shy to talk to a red-haired girl be admired. Later in life, schulz used his childhood experiences in his successful comic strip Peanuts : the strip's main character, the sad and lonely Charlie Brown, represents Shulz as a little boy. What is the main idea of the passage?
Peanuts was the most widely read comic strip
Schulz was a very famous cartoonist.
Schulz turned the pain of his youth into success
Peanuts featured children as its only characters
The ability to recognize
The reflex to condition
The faculty of perception
An inclination towards seeking recognition
After being driven to the museum, Professor Jones was dropped at his hotel
Professor Jones was being driven dropped at his hotel
After she had driven Professor Jones to the museum she had dropped him at his hotel
After she was driven professor Jones to the museum she had dropped him at his hotel
Manna asked Rohan if he has ever sat in a trolley bus
Manna asked Rohan whether he had sat in a trolley bus earlier
Manna asked had he sat in a trolley bus before.
Manna asked Rohan if he sat on a trolley bus before.