Forum

Read the following text and make short notes in each of the boxes in 10 the flow chart showing major

Created: | Updated:

15 December 2013

JOHANNESBURG(Reuters)-Nelson Mandela guided South Africa from the shackles of apartheid to a multi-racial democracy, as an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Imprisoned for nearly three decades for his fight against while minority rule, Mandela never lost his resolve to fight for his people's emancipation. He was determined to bring down apartheid while avoiding a civil war. His prestige and charisma helped him win the support of the world. "I hate race discrimination most intensely and in all its manifestations. I have fought it all during my life, I will fight it now, and will do so until the end of my days, Mandela said in his acceptance speech on becoming South Africa's first black president in 1994...."The time for the healing of the wounds has come. The moment to bridge the chasms that divide us has come." "We have, at last, achieved our political emancipation."

1. Freed South Africa from the shackles of apartheid

asked by MOMIN

Categories